Monday, December 5, 2011

This and That

By Amy

One of the funnest (funnest?)  things about moving to a new house is scouring the Internet and stores for cheap, fun things that I think would just go perfectly in this room or that room.  Here are my recent scores from a antique shop.





 All for UNDER 30 BUCKS!!  I loved the globe.  It reminded me of the one in my 3rd grade class.  The birds were a steal at 3 dollars a pop.  And the cameras....that is just a given. I fell in love.   More on where I put them later.  Remember the ugly brass colored mirror above our fireplace?  The color was bad but the mirror was heavy and in perfect shape.  So I painted it.


 PURPLE!  I love the way it turned out.



 It is in between the dining room and Micah's room. The wall was really bare.  We don't have a hallway light and for awhile we just had this lamp on the floor.  I found the table at Amazon.com. 

 See the old cameras?  I like them there.  But I'm sure the items on the shelves will change every so often. 

 The birds found a home by Mr (or is it Mrs?) Owl on my vanity table in my bedroom.


 I have been spying this sign on Etsy for a very long time.  What stopped me was the price.  It was $65.00.  I tried to figure out how I could make one.  I thought maybe I could paint it.  Or stencil the letters.  Or even buy vinyl letters and put them on a distressed board.  In the end I decided that I loved the sign exactly how it was.  I don't think I could make it better.  The words are us. 


 Especially the "Really Loud" part.  (:


We are slowly making this place feel like home.  We are loving it so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment