Sunday, March 11, 2012

iPhones and Pictures and Cameras...Oh My!!

by Ang

Ever since I got my iPhone, I've been using the camera on it, paired with various other apps.  I took a few pictures (below) of things around our house with my favorite new camera app - Camera Awesome.






I really like this app, and it's free!  I am thankful that my iPhone has a fairly decent camera on it, because my Sony digital camera is not doing well.  It's old, and while it has gotten me some great pictures in the past, I noticed a huge difference in our pictures from Alaska.  They all just seemed a little dull, not focused, and flat.

For the past probably 5 years, I've been pining after a nice digital SLR camera (a Nikon specifically).  I really like taking pictures and I like photography.  But it's hard to really get into it with a little point and shoot.

So tonight, my husband bought me my anniversary present early:

I cannot tell you how excited I am!!
When we left the store, it was in the cart (along with our other Costco purchases) and I took it out to carry it, like a little kid who wants to hold on to their toy and open it in the car.  :)
I am very grateful for my iPhone camera...it has gotten me by these past few months.  But I am SO EXCITED about this camera.  It came with a book and instructional DVD, which I will probably watch tomorrow.  I can't wait to start playing with it!
p.s. - my husband is amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment