Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I'm a Camper!

by Amy

So my family had been planning a huge camping trip the first week in August for about six months.  I didn't want to go.  I dreaded it.  I stressed about it.  I whined about it.  Just ask my husband.  Poor guy.  But as it turns out....I loved it.  I had so much fun.  It was a lot of work.  But my sweet sister-in-law is so organized that everything went really smooth.  We left on a Wednesday for Denver and stayed the night at my sister-in-laws house. 


 It was so nice seeing this guy again!


 We left on Thursday morning and arrive to the campground.  We rented a private campgroud so we never saw any strangers! It was just the people in our group.  I felt like I had the whole river to myself.  Each day I would stick my chair in it and soak my feet and read.  Bliss.



 Home Sweet Home


 This is our shower tent.  I could not have survived without it.  Seriously..I don't like being dirty.  You put the water in a solar bag and it heats up during the day.  Then before dinner I could take a shower.  I loved it.


 The first tent you see is Keith's brother's tent, then ours and then his sister's.


 This is the camp kitchen.  It's where we all gathered for breakfast and supper.


 Some fabulous meals were cooked in here...we had mexican food one night and french toast one morning!


 Every morning was cold so we gathered around the campfire for warmth.




 We rode in the back of the truck.  Because...your in the mountains and thats what you do. (:


 We went to a waterfall.  The water was freezing but that didn't stop this guy from jumping in!


 Or these weirdos who definitely felt like manly men.


 Cutest campers ever


 Me and my mom in law


 Little girls can be helpful campers too


 Me and the boy


 My silly niece


The boys went four wheeling.  In camp chairs.  Strapped in the bed of a truck.


 Please come back alive!


 They drove to this really cool mill


 And shot some guns...


 Then came back and jumped in the river...


 Campfires at night are the best.


 Me and the other boy


 My fam


 Even though it was a lot of work...I had so much fun.  It was so nice spending time with family and meeting new friends.  I do believe that I will do it again.  Even though after we got home we had to put all this away...

Still completely worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment