Monday, January 26, 2009

The Countdown Begins!

Actually, the countdown began a couple of weeks ago, when we purchased our airline tickets to PARIS!! Only 57 days until we leave. It all started when my amazing sister sent me an email that simply said 'I want to go to Paris and you're coming with me'. A dream vacation! There's no other place I would rather go. Our friend Megan is coming along as well. She has been there before, so she's been a wealth of information and will lead the way when we are navigating our way through the City of Lights.
The initial planning is done. We have our dates, our tickets, a round trip train ticket to Amsterdam and a place to stay. We rented an apartment in the 7th District, approximately 6 blocks from the Eiffel Tower. We have a rough day-by-day itenerary. It still needs tweaked a bit, but for the most part I think it looks pretty good.

But the list of things to do beforehand (at least for me) keeps growing and growing! First off, I have GOT to start reviewing my French books a little more. I have no excuse not to and I have an abundance of them. I don't want to be an 'ugly American' that knows nothing when I go over there. Look:


Is that crazy or what? And to think I actually almost bought another one today. I didn't, but I came close.

I also have too many of these. I can read them over and over, and never tire of them:


I even have some books IN French for when I get really good, if that ever happens. But when it does, I'll be ready:


So, on that note, I think I'll go study!

Ang

p.s. - we realize no one will read this blog, but we wanted to have a place to record our thoughts on the process and post updates and pictures when we're there.



No comments:

Post a Comment