Friday, January 30, 2009

Le films

by Ang
I was organizing my movie cabinet (I do this frequently, I'm a bit obsessive about it) and I was noticing all of the movies that take place and/or were filmed in Paris. I have quite a few! I'm going to try to watch some before our trip. It's fun to see different shots and areas of the city.

I can start off with some classic Audrey Hepburn movies - Funny Face and Paris When it Sizzles:

And then watch Charade (also Audrey Hepburn). I love this movie. It is a GREAT comedy and definitely in my top 20 favorite movies ever!


And then we can move on to the newer ones in the Action/Romance/Comedy catagories:


Then take a trip back in time with Marie Antoinette and the famous Opera House:


And how could we forget Remy??


And then I could watch ACTUAL French movies, such as Diving Bell & the Butterfly, La Vie en Rose, and Avenue Montaigne:


Oh, and we can't forget The Netherlands! Oceans 12 with it's wonderful shots of Amsterdam in North Holland, and Girl With a Pearl Earring taking place in Delft, South Holland:


Maybe these movies will help cheer me up if I'm depressed after our vacation! :)
Oh, and on another sad note, yesterday I learned that my beloved Domino magazine is closing . This is probably the last issue I will receive.


Goodbye Domino. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment