Monday, January 2, 2012

Year in Review

by Ang

I can hardly believe that we are in 2012! Last year went so fast. I thought I would do a little recap of our 2011. Here are some things that stood out to me (and thankfully I have this blog to jog my memory!)

*I started school in January, after not having been in any type of school for 13 years. Yikes! It went better than I expected though.

*In April, my husband and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. In just 4 more months, we will be celebrating #2! I can’t imagine my life without him….he is so important to me and he keeps me laughing every single day.


*In May we took a trip to Tularosa, New Mexico to see my cousin and his wife who were visiting. It was a short trip, but so much fun! I got to see more of the dry desert (it’s just 100 miles from the Mexico border). We got to spend some quality time with my family.

*Also in May, my husband became a certified scuba diver! We took another weekend trip to Santa Rosa so he could get his certification. He’s wanted to do it for a while, and he did! I’m proud of him.

*And very sadly (also in May), we lost our sweet kitty Nami. We still miss her terribly. She was just the sweetest, nicest animal we had. She had a good, long life (15).

*In June, we met up with my family in Seattle at the airport and then boarded a plane to Sitka, Alaska. We had an amazing one week on the boat. Loads of fishing, eating, laughing, eating, and more fishing. It was a blast!

*And two short months later in August, my family came to New Mexico to visit! We did lots of eating (why is that always a common theme?), shopping, swimming, and just hanging out with each other.


*In August we held our Fantasy Football Draft. And now our Fantasy Football season is over! (I came in 2nd place, by the way – same as last year!). This is the month we also learned that our cat Howie has diabetes. He’s doing well by the way.

*The highlight of September was discovering that Little Miss A is going to be a big sister. In fact, we now know that she is going to be a big sister to a little BROTHER!!! We are so excited. It’s been 10 years since we’ve had a baby boy in the family!

*In October we went to Nebraska to see my family. We got to see my sister’s new house, see my parents new house, and see the whole family. My husband went to a football game with my dad, brother, and nephew. It was such an enjoyable trip!




*And after we got home, we redid our bedroom. It was a long week with our house tore up and sleeping on an air bed in the living room, but the finished product was soooooo worth it!

*The definite highlight of December was getting our new puppy. She is so much fun, we are just loving her to pieces! She is growing like crazy (although she’s still tiny compared to Max). She is sleeping totally through the night now! We put her to bed between 9:30 – 10:00, and she doesn’t wake up until after 6:00, which is perfect! She’s getting along with everyone (as long as she doesn’t get too close to the cats…if she does, she gets batted on the head a few times). Surprisingly, the cat she gets along the best with is Howie, which is the same cat that hates the other dog. We think it’s a gender-thing. Or it could be that Hannah is so much smaller than Howie and he doesn’t feel threatened. Who knows!


And there you have it! I am looking forward to another year. It’s always nice to start a new, fresh year. My husband and I joined a gym that’s super close to our house (like within walking distance), so I’m ready to get started with that (this is the year I get in shape!). I start classes up again January 9th. In February we are going to Colorado for a few days, and then I am meeting my sister and friend in Arizona for a few days. And in the spring, I will be making a trip back to Nebraska to meet my new nephew! Those are the only things we have planned so far!!

I’m sure 2012 will be just as great as 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment