Friday, October 23, 2009

Polaroid Goodness

By Amy

When I was little my mom had a polaroid camera. She would take our picture and slowly it would come out of the camera. That black square card with the white edges. We would gather around the picture and wait. Slowly our figures would start to take shape. I see it! I see it! It was like magic. I know the quality is so much better in digital now but there is something about polaroid film that I am drawn too. I love the vintage look of it. The way it mutes and blends the colors. For awhile they stopped making polaroid film. But recently I checked on amazon.com and you can still buy it. It's rather expensive though. While I was in Wyoming I found these.






I almost shrieked in delight! A whole box full of of polaroid prints on little notecards.






These are some of my favorites.








These are some of my "not" favorites.



At first I thought this was a slab of steak on a table. But I think it's toast. With strawberries.



And this is a spaceship like building. Weird.


I can't decide whether to frame the ones I like or send them to people I love.


Recently I discovered a website that will give your pictures a polaroid look. Check it out.
http://www.rollip.com/#



My boy. 30 years ago.

My hubby's '68 Nova. In 1968.

Go check the website out. Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Amy! Great polaroid cards. That spaceship like building is actually an art museum in Brazil. It's in a city called Niteroi, just close to Rio de Janeiro. It was designed by Oscar Niemeyer, probably Brazil's greatest architect. Well, I never understood modern art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I was wondering if someone would recognize that building! Very cool. Maybe I should send the card to you. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look AWESOME! Way more beautiful than you did even when you and Keith were married. I know, no one listens to compliments about themselves, tho. But someone named Amy once told me that when people give you compliments, just smile and say, "Thank you!"

    ReplyDelete