Monday, July 5, 2010

How's Your Plumbing?

by Ang

I never realized how annoying a leaky faucet was until we got one in the kitchen. It was the original faucet that came with the house when it was built in the 70s. So, it had served it's purpose well, but it was definitely time to get a new one! Here's the old one:


We didn't have too many requirements for our new faucet. We wanted something simple and sophisticated. And I wanted a sprayer. I didn't have one before and I think it's necessary.

One trip to Lowe's and quite a few dollars later, we came home with this beauty:

Isn't she pretty? (yes, I said 'she')


The first thing we did (and when I say 'we', I mean my husband) is take everything out from under the sink.

And removed any animals who wanted to help:


Then 'we' got to work.



I actually did help a little, but not much. Hubby got to work and removed the old faucet...

And just a few minutes later (and a couple trips to Ace Hardware)...voila!

Doesn't she look nice? And I got my sprayer:



I'm so glad my husband is handy!!
Before:

After:

The After picture is MUCH better!

1 comment:

  1. Angie's Other 1/2July 8, 2010 at 3:36 PM

    NOT EVEN A SNIPPET ABOUT THE RUST THAT FELL FROM THE OLD FAUCET THAT LANDED DIRECTLY IN LEFT EYE...!?! OH THE HUMANITY OF CHANGING A FAUCET. I ASSUME MY BELOVED WANTED TO SPARE ME THE TEASING I WOULD TAKE FROM A CERTAIN - "CARPENTER"... BUT I CAN TAKE IT! SO BRING ON THE JOKES!

    ReplyDelete