Friday, July 15, 2011

Broken Bones and Stitches

By Amy

That is my future I am predicting.  Not MINE but my boy's.  Let me explain.  A few weeks ago, all the boys in my house were planning a camping trip.  A camping trip that involved 4-wheelers and dirt bikes. We didn't own any of those toys so  before they left, a friend came over with his 4-wheeler so that the boys could get used to it before heading out on the trails.






 They were hooked.  Before they could go though, they had to get real helmets.


 After they got back from the trip, it was all they could talk about.  And all they could read about.   Did you know that a 4- wheeler could cost up to 4,000 bucks!  And what good is one when you have two boys and one man who want to ride?  So then they started researching dirt bikes.  Still pricey but way cheaper.  So now we own this one.....



 And this one....



They have been riding every night.  In our yard.  That is how much they love it.  I just want you all to know that I did protest this.  Not to heavily though because what was the point?  Now that they have the bikes they are researching the protective gear that I INSIST they have if they are going to race or ride trails.  Of course I want them to have the whole she-bang....the neck protector, the chest plate, the back plate.  But for now I will be happy if they get some boots.  So when the bike rolls over on them it won't crush their ankles.  And I have no doubt that something like that is going to happen to one of them.  I just don't want it to be during this summer.  Because they are having to much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment