Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

by Ang

Last Friday was an exciting day.  The complete Star Wars saga came out on Blu-Ray for the very first time!


While I do enjoy Star Wars, I am definitely not a 'super fan'.  I don't know all the words.  I don't know all of the characters.  In fact, I think I've only seen A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back a couple times each.  (the other ones I have seen multiple times)

However, I was super excited when we got this set.  Not so much for the movies, but for the case that they came in.  Yes, I know, it's weird.  But first off, I was amazed that 9 discs fit into this relatively small case:

When you open it up, it's like a book:

And the movies each have their own page.  What I love about the artwork is that it's not just a photograph...it looks like it's been painted or drawn in chalk or something.  I was impressed.

Episode I:

Episode II:

Episode III:

Episode IV:

Episode V:

Episode VI:

Bonus Disc 1:

Bonus Disc 2:

Bonus Disc 3:

And probably the coolest one of the bunch is the back cover that holds the little booklet that came with the set:


When we bought it, I was more excited about the art than I was the movies!  It's very cool, and my poor pictures do not do it justice at all.

So we will have fun watching these over the next few weeks.  So far we've only watched The Phantom Menace.  My favorite is Return of the Jedi.  And my second favorite is Revenge of the Sith.

Just for kicks, here's a few quotes from my two favorites:

"I think my eyes are getting better.  Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur" (Han Solo)

"It's a trap!" (Admiral Ackbar)

"The dark side of the force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural" (Senator Palpatine to Anakin Skywalker)

I know those are probably not the traditional quotes that most people think of when they think of Star Wars, but those were the ones I knew by heart.  :)  And I only remembered the 'It's a trap!' quote because on this one episode of the Big Bang Theory, Sheldon is trying to perfect his Admiral Ackbar impression and so he says it multiple times.

Anyways, I'm getting off topic.  If you're a Star Wars fan and haven't got these DVDs yet, I highly suggest you do.  And even if you're not that big of a fan...get them for the artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment