Sunday, November 6, 2011

Remodel

by Ang

First off, we're back in New Mexico and had a fantastic time with my family in Nebraska.  I'll post some pictures of my cute niece and nephews, but first I wanted to share a major project for us that is now DONE! 

After one week of sleeping on our bed in the living room with our old furniture scattered throughout the rest of the house, our bedroom is now done.  We (and when I say 'we', I mean someone else) replaced the floors, the closet doors and all of the trim.  And did some painting.

Here is some of the 'befores':


The carpet was in really bad shape.  And the mirrored closet doors had to go:

Here's the new floors:


Pretty, huh!!

And the new closet doors (before we painted them):

Inside the closet:
Now was the fun part!  After our furniture was delivered, I got to decorate and put it all back together.  Our colors for the bedroom were blue and dark brown.  They're still those colors, but I wanted to bring in an accent color of some sort.  My husband kept suggesting red, but I was convinced that wouldn't go with everything else.  Until I seen this rug:

It's hard to tell, but there is blue all throughout the rug mixed in with the red.  It's really pretty! 

Then I put together some artwork with some red in it:

The pieces in the top, middle, and bottom frames are all cards I got in Paris.  And I put patterned scrapbooking paper in the second and fourth spots to fill it in.

And I got this pillow to add a little more red:

Here's the bigger picture:

(the blanket and pillow on the right is the dog bed)


We each got charging stations for our night tables to control the cords:




I am VERY pleased with how it all turned out.  There's still a few minor things to do, such as putting the pulls on the closet doors, and maybe some more artwork.  But I am so happy that it's done!  Thank you to my husband for making it happen.  He knows how to get things done!

And on an unrelated note, I am once again going to profess my love for Ross (the store).  I got the rug, the mirror above the dresser, the pillow, the frame for my Paris cards, and the dresser runner all for a grand total of.........$75!!!!  Not bad, huh??

No comments:

Post a Comment