Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Soap

by Ang

So....soap!  I was organizing our master bathroom tonight and noticed I have quite the little soap collection going on.

It started in Paris, with one simple bar of soap.

On one of our last days there, we stumbled upon Le Bon Marche, which just happens to be the best known (and biggest) department stores in Paris.  The outside looks like a typical Parisian building, you know, rounded corners, tons of windows, very old.  But here's the inside:


Nice, huh?  So we perused around and looked at hats, fancy dresses, teapots, etc., and everything was way too expensive for us.  Until we came to the soap.  Lots and lots of soap.  I picked out one bar to buy and brought it home (because I couldn't go to Le Bon Marche and not buy anything, right?).  I paid 6 euros for it, which is a little over $8.  It made my suitcase smell like peppermint (menthe poivree)!


This whole time I haven't used it.  Every now and then I'd open the box, take a whiff, and then set it back on the shelf in the bathroom.  It reminded me of shopping in Paris with my sister and my friend.  I didn't want to use it because then it would be gone!  And it was my only bar of soap from Paris!  But I finally decided that good soap should be used and enjoyed, right?  So I'm going to use it.  Tonight!  I will save the box though.  What is it about fancy soap that comes in a box?  It's like opening up a present.

The box has a website listed on it, so if I fall in love with the soap, I'm sure I can get more.

I also am loving the more simple soaps out there.  I have a few from Trader Joe's that I am working on...

They are inexpensive, simple, and smell lovely! 

So if you know of a place that sells great fancy soaps in boxes, please keep it to yourself (I already have to stay away from World Market).  I don't need to spend any more on soap!

(picture of Le Bon Marche courtesy of Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment