Saturday, February 25, 2012

Book Love

by Ang

Last night, I went with a group of people to see 'Anne of Green Gables' at the Albuquerque Little Theater.  It was SO GOOD!!  I have only read the book...I haven't seen any of the movies or anything, so it was a real treat for me to see this play.



About a week before the play, I picked up a new hardbound copy of the book.  Now, I do most of my reading on my Nook, but I am a sucker for a nice, pretty book:
Barnes & Noble has a nice selection of hardbound classics...but I only came home with this one.  After seeing the play, I'm ready to read the book again!

I also picked up this one last year in an antique shop in Santa Fe:
The front and back cover are both illustrated in color:

Now, I read Heidi when I was younger, but I honestly don't remember it.  But I bought the book anyway because it was a nice, pretty hardbound book.

This next one doesn't really fall into the 'nice-pretty' category, but it is definitely in the weird and funny category.  My husband and I were at Anthropologie tonight just looking around, and I spotted this and had to get it:

It's Green Eggs and Ham in French!  Reason #712 why I love Anthropologie...you never know what you will find!

"Sam, it is me!"

"I do not like them Sam I Am, I do not like green eggs & ham."

I just love it.  I read it in the store and it makes me smile! 

Books are wonderful.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment