Sunday, April 8, 2012

Celebrity Fight Night Part 1

By Amy

Hi everyone.  I know it's been forever.  And I have no excuse other then life.  So I won't bore you with the details.  How about we talk about something fun?  A few weeks ago I traveled to Arizona with my boss.  Every year they attend a fundraiser for  Parkinson's disease.  It's called Muhammad Ali's Fight Night.  Friday night is the Founder's dinner.  Basically it's a dinner for the biggest donors.  This is me and my friend who takes care of my bosses house in Arizona. 


 I loved my dress!  My boss bought it for me.  This is my place at the table. 


 I forgot to crop this picture but that is Tom Hanks swinging his arms in the air.  His wife, Rita Wilson was there to sing.  He was filming in Boston and came to support her.  I tell you what...he is everything you would think him to be.  Nice and funny.  He recorded his wife singing on his camera.  They giggled and snuggled and were really fun to watch.


 This here is Martina McBride.  She belted out "This Ones For the Girls" and "Lean on Me". 


 The night was really fun!  Saturday was the big show.  It was formal so I had to get a dress and act like I wasn't a housekeeper.  I get all dolled up and then my boss informs me that she wasn't feeling good and that I had to sit in her place.  At the head table.  Inches from the stage.  This was before I knew that.  I was still smiling.


 After I found that out.  I was horrified. I mean, that is where the celebrity's sit!  I am a housekeeper!  EEEEKS!!!  I was told to just smile and clap.  I could handle that.


 Here is the head table.  It was enormous.



 Here is the stage from my seat.  If I stretched my legs out I could touch it.


 Here is who I sat across.  The picture is really crummy because I was trying to hide my phone and not look like a dork.

In case you can't tell that is Billy Crystal. He was actually very quiet.  And very attentive to his wife who is sitting right next to him.  I will blog about the actual show next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment