Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fight Night Part 3

Are you sick of this Fight Night stuff?  No?  Good.  This is the last post about it if you are.  The whole reason for this entire event is to raise money for Parkinson's disease.  Muhammad Ali has this disease and with the help of friends, started this fundraiser a few years ago.  He joined the table about halfway through the show.



 That would be my coffee. He is actually doing well.  He doesn't speak but he did smile a few times.  And it seemed like he wasn't shaking as much as he was last year. One of the main coordinators of the event is David Foster.  They call him the "Hit Man". Probably because he got Whitney Houston to sing "I will Always Love You." And Celine Dion "My Heart Will Go On."  Heard of them? Haha! He also discovered Michael Buble and Josh Groban.  Anyway, he's pretty talented to say the least.  And funny too.  When the audience was being really rude and talking while someone was trying to speak...he hopped on the stage and grabbed the mike and said,"SHHHHHHH!!!!!"  I sat by his wife.  I can sum her up in one word....Perfection.  Google her.  David and Yolanda Foster. 


 Then came this guy.  Sinbad.  Quite possibly the funniest man on earth.  And everything was impromptu.  He asked the audience for questions.  About anything.  He said, "I'm here to help!" I wish his act would have been longer.


 Lionel Richie was the final act.  Sorry for the bad picture.  There was a moment when he was so close to me I thought I felt his sweat drip.  Ew.  He was good.  I'm not a huge fan but he sounds exactly like he did when I was a kid. 

 Afterward all the celebrity's came on the stage one last time. Here is the main singer of Rascall Flatts receiving admiration from Rita Wilson. 


 And here he is showing his admiration to her husband Tom.  Tom looks a little....taken aback.


 Since it was Mr Ali's birthday, the Cake Boss made him a cake.  Of course. 


 The Cake Boss wasn't there but his brother-in-law was.  At least I think that's who it is.

 Confetti time!

So that was that.  It was quite the experience.  Alot of fun packed into one night.  It felt kind of like a dream really.  I kept thinking...these people are actually real!  Funny.  I was grateful for the up close and personal seat but I hated sitting at that table.  It just wasn't me you know?  I'm the girl who doesn't know what fork to use with what and who accidentally took a drink out of Yolanda's water glass because I forgot which one was mine.  They were so close together!!  And when they kept panning the head table with the cameras and showing us on the big screen, I wanted to dive under the table.  Thought about it a couple of times actually. I am not a celebrity.  Not even close.  I can't even pretend for a second that I am.  I mean, do you know of anyone even remotely famous who would turn to the person sitting next to them during dessert and notice they hadn't touched theirs and say "You going to eat that?"  I didn't think so.  (:

No comments:

Post a Comment