Friday, April 20, 2012

Random

by Ang

*Meet the newest member of our family.  We bought her off the showroom floor at Honda:
Her name is Lola.

She was a showcar.

With yellow flowers in her hair.....

I'll stop there, now that you have Barry Manilow stuck in your head.

We love it (her)!  My favorite feature is that she detects my iPhone through bluetooth and she'll play music from my iPod over the speakers automatically.  Love it!

*I am missing my niece a lot.  A LOT.  So today I bought her a little present:
I think she'll like it.  I haven't seen it, but I hear it's a cute movie.  Can you believe she is going to be 3 this month?!?:


*I have my final this week.  It's due on Tuesday.  After Tuesday, I am DONE until the fall!

*I am scared of my new camera.  Well, scared is probably not the right word to use.  More like intimidated.  I've been using it, but I'm being a big chicken and only using it on the automatic setting.  Today though, I stumbled upon this quote, which I found on Ali Edwards blog:

"To be a photographer one must PHOTOGRAPH.  No amount of book learning, no checklist of seminars attended can substitute for the simple act of making pictures.  Experience is the best teacher of all.  And for that, there is no guarantee that one will become an artist.  Only the journey matters." - Harry Callahan.

The quote is right.  I just need to pick up my camera and start playing.  Get some experience.  And quit being a chicken!

That's all for now folks.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment