Monday, April 23, 2012

Fight Night Part 2

After dinner the entertainment started.  First one up was Jackie Evancho.  She is 11 years old and sounds like a adult opera singer.  Amazing voice.  Sorry for the crummy picture.



 Next was Rascall Flatts.  They opened with "Banjo" and then sang "Changed" off their new album.  I don't remember the third song but the fourth was "Life is a Highway."


 Miley Cyrus was next.  When I first saw her on the line-up I thought...Oh brother.  What kind of show is this going to be?  She comes walking right by me with her Hunger Games boyfriend Liam what's his name and I'm all...just another spoiled kid.  However...when they introduced her they said she was the celebrity who has granted the most Make-A-Wish foundation wishes.  Wow.  In fact she had spent the entire day at the Children's Hospital.  So I liked her a little better.  She get's up on stage with just a guy and his guitar and honestly...she was very very good.  I was impressed.


 Did you know that Tom Hanks wife, Rita Wilson can sing?  Well she can.  She is really good. And you know her husband Tom Hanks?  He's adorable.  Seriously.  He is everything that you think he would be.  Funny and nice and in love with his wife.  They giggled and laughed and he even video taped her performance.  This picture reminds me how close I was to the stage.  I didn't zoom.  The back up singer is Anita Whitaker. She was amazing too.



 So there is Tom and Rita. Next to Rita is Reba McEntire and her husband.  Standing behind them is that guy from Malcom in the Middle.  Frankie Munz.  Or is it Freddie Munz? 



 In between the acts there was some mingling time and this gal here loves my boss.  It's Melissa Peterman.  She was on the show "Reba".  Apparently we are BFF.  She's just a really nice person and super funny. 

There's more.  I'll try to post Part 3 in a couple days. 

2 comments:

  1. I love Jackie Evancho. Check out her album "Dream With Me"! :-)

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! It's amazing such a big voice can come out of someone so small.

      Delete