Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Neverending List(s)

by Ang

As I prepare for HUGE changes in my life, my list of things to do keeps growing and growing. At times, it’s so overwhelming that all I want to do is escape….like go visit my parents or Little Miss A for a day. Or two. Or even just get out of my apartment for a while so I don’t have to face the un-fun reality of un-fun tasks.

Don’t get me wrong -- I am thrilled with how things are turning out in my life. In just a few short months, I will be moving out of state with my kitties (800 miles away), and gaining a dog, two more cats, a fish, and, oh yes, a husband (who is amazing), a mother-in-law, and a whole new set of friends. I am excited about everything….but I have tons to do to prepare.

Such as the wedding plans. We are having a VERY small wedding, but even the smallest weddings require lots of planning (I’m discovering). Last Wednesday, HTB (Hubby-to-Be) and I were going through our list of wedding related things that still needed done. It was a little daunting. But we have some of the ‘majors’ done:

-we have a date, time and place for the wedding and reception
-invitations – DONE (for the most part)
-cake has been ordered
-jewelry maker has been notified

We still need to think about food, clothing, favors, flowers, the honeymoon details, logistics and on and on and on.


But before the wedding….i’ll be moving. Which creates another monstrous list. I’m not bringing tons of stuff with me. Most of my stuff is just a hodgepodge mix of furniture that I’ve picked up here and there or inherited. I’m not extremely attached to any of it, so the less I bring with me, the easier it will be. I’m bringing a few small pieces (my little writing desk, some of my smaller tables/cabinets) but the majority of it I need to sell.

And then there’s the little stuff. I’ve been trying to weed through things and see what I want to sell/get rid of and what I love enough to pack and move with me. HTB says I can bring as much or as little as I want, and that I can change anything I want, which is very nice. But I actually like his stuff that he has now, and I really don’t think I’ll be changing a whole lot.

I’m trying to stay focused and not get too overwhelmed with everything. Some days I am totally motivated and other days I just want to be a slug. Today has been a motivated day. I have crossed many things of my ‘today’ list, and that is a good feeling. I paid all my bills, made a few phone calls, had a successful doctor’s appointment, went to the post office, and even crossed a couple things off of the ‘wedding list’. I’m chipping away it, and I am completely confident that it WILL get done. Because it has to!
Ssshhhh…..they don’t know they’re moving yet…

3 comments:

  1. ...and friends with 2 dogs! Just so you know..yellow cake with chocolate frosting is really good...just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will. I am sure your wedding will be great!

    ReplyDelete