Monday, January 25, 2010

Photography Project: RED

By Amy



Here is my first installment of the Rainbow Photography Project. Let me first warn you that the images below are not very exciting. Some are nice but some are just down right boring. For each image I took between 10 to 20 pictures. I fiddled with my camera, playing around with shutter speed, aperture and other settings to try and get the best picture possible. I didn't photo shop any of these. I learned that natural light is the best light. Always. Unless you are in a super market in the produce section. For some reason that light was awesome. You will see what I mean. Ok without further delay....here they are.



This was the first one I took. Kind of boring but clear.







These curtains were taken at my mom's in the evening. No natural light at all. That's why the walls are kind of pinkish and the curtains are a little orangy. Not really happy with this one. But there wasn't a whole lot I could do.






Will you just look at these peppers?!? Look at how shiny they are! I really liked this one.



Just had to include all my red books.
I had high hopes for this one. Very cool subject. But it turned out dull and boring. Not sure what I should have done differently.





I liked this one. Perfect light coming in through my kitchen window. Yum.






I cheated here. I took this way before I even started this project. But how can I have a project about red things without including something Husker?





Not much to say about this one. Boring but nice.





This one is without a doubt my favorite. Gorgeous light. Gorgeous subject.





I took about 30 pictures of this stupid stop sign. And never got the look I really wanted.



So that's it for my first color. I actually learned alot playing with my camera. I also learned that just because you have a fancy camera doesn't mean you are a great photographer. I have a long ways to go! Next up: ORANGE.



No comments:

Post a Comment