Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shower, Baseball, World War III, and more!

by Ang
Since I am a terrible blogger, I thought I would try to redeem myself by writing a HUGE and picture heavy blog post. I think that will make my sister happy. :)

Yesterday was my shower here in Albuquerque. It was amazing. The sisters here have just taken me in and welcomed me with open arms. I couldn't believe how beautiful everything was and all of the work that they put into it. I am so grateful! And it was so much fun.

The food:

Vegetable croissant sandwiches, stuffed mushrooms, veggies, chips, cheese, crackers, french bread, pasta salad, punch, tea, sparkling cider and more!

The cake....was beautiful. And delicious!

The favors were plentiful -

Giant marshmallows on sticks, cookies in the shape of high heels, personalized candy bars with my picture on them, and bagful of bath and body products.

I got lots of nice things. We are completely redoing our bedroom, so my mother-in-law had me create a bridal registry specifically for bedroom needs. I got a comforter set, a quilt, sheets, blankets, candles, baskets and more!

And a few items from here that are always appreciated. :)
We played 2 games. One was a 'how well do you know Angie?' game and the other was a word scramble game. And then they passed out recipe cards and had everyone write down a recipe for me. I was looking through them last night, and if you didn't believe I was really in New Mexico, you certainly would now:
THIS was my favorite one though (submitted by the youngest guest at the shower):

How cute is that?

So the shower was a hit. My cat enjoyed playing with all of the tissue paper after I brought all of the gifts home.


Speaking of cats, World War III is going along splendidly! All of the cats are okay with each other. Macy still hisses when the others get too close to her, but I'm sure that will get better with time.

And we introduced the puppy with everyone and even had an overnight stay with them. It went....interesting. Macy (my girl cat) hissed at him, but she was curious too and so she'll walk past him and get within a foot of him. But Howie (boy kitty) didn't handle it so well. At first he hid under the bed, then he graduated to the top of the kitchen cabinets, and then he moved down to the top of the fridge. So it will just take some time with him. The puppy went home with daddy last night though to give poor Howie a much needed break. It was nice - Howie is back to his usual self. But tonight I may have the puppy again.

They always sleep like this. It is the cutest thing. They are actual sisters and they just love each other to pieces. Just like me and my sissy! :)
My two cats however, don't get that snuggly.

Anyways, back to yesterday. After the shower, me and my honey went to an Albuquerque Isotopes game with a big group. It was so much fun! I've never really been in to baseball, but after he explained some of the terms to me (like 'top of the 8th), I got into it! And it was especially fun because they were playing the Omaha Royals. I silently (well, not so silently, because I gloated when they won) rooted for Omaha. It was so much fun and pretty much the perfect day!

Okay Amy....did I redeem myself? :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes you have totally redeemed yourself! You are forever forgiven...until next time. ha ha!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love going to the baseball games in Lincoln!

    Congrats btw!

    ReplyDelete