Monday, December 6, 2010

History Lesson

By Amy


Before I left for Arizona I started a big project. My Grandma had given me a tote full of keepsakes and pictures from her life. She had given it to me about 4 years ago. It has been in my attic ever since. It was gnawing at me because I knew there were treasures inside that deserved more then living in my attic for four years. I couldn't stand it any longer. I went through each paper and picture that it contained.






It was full of goodness. Like this cute picture of my Grandma.



I got out my scrap booking stuff and went to work.


This is my Grandma's bridal shower list. Isn't her handwriting beautiful? It looks exactly the same today.


I found alot of pictures of my dad. What a cutie!




Her parents came over from Germany. The picture on the top left is my Great Grandpa's visa picture. And the lower right picture is their first car. A 1928 Model T Ford!




Lots of pictures of my Grandma and her mom.



My Grandma's senior picture.




Friends and events.




Fun pictures of my dad growing up.





It took alot of time but I loved every minute of it. I feel closer to her. Like I lived her life a little. I smelled the pages she had written on. I could see her carefully writing on the backs of pictures and clipping out newspaper articles that were special to her. It was also fun seeing younger pictures of my Great Grandma and Grandpa. They were always so......old. But through these pictures I could see them as a young couple, traveling to America and settling in the Midwest. They had only one child. My Grandma. We love her so much!






No comments:

Post a Comment