Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Random

by Ang

*This is my new best friend:

We’ve been using it more and more. Last night I used it to make chicken soft tacos. Tomorrow night my husband is making 'Kickin' Chicken Chili' in it. It is so nice to come home and dinner is ready! All it takes is just a little prep work the night before or the morning of.

*I was reading a magazine last night and was so excited when I found this recipe:


My mom used to make these when we were kids. My brother and I would sit on the kitchen floor and watch through the oven door as the pancake slowly baked over the sides of the pan. I’m excited to try it myself!

*Spring is almost here! This past weekend we bought flowers, bird feeders, and a few other miscellaneous things to get our outdoor areas ready for spring!


*He is feeling better:

A couple weeks ago he got a nasty scratch on his leg (we’re not sure how it happened because he never goes outside). Anyways, it got all infected and swollen, so the vet had to lance his foot to let it drain (ew) and he was on painkillers and antibiotics for a couple weeks.

He’s fine now though, almost 100%. He’s started hissing at the dog again, begging for food (he’s chubby), and he’s earned his title of ‘troublemaker of the house’ back. He’s a stinker, but we love him. We always tell him ‘it’s a good thing you’re cute!’. We’ve also been calling him ‘Howdie’ lately. His name is Howie (or Howard when he’s in trouble), but when my younger nephew was 2 or 3, he couldn’t say ‘Howie’, but he could say ‘Howdie’ so that’s what he called him. Ever since I told my husband that story, that’s what he’s called Howie. Howdie.

*She is feeling better too:
She has leukemia, but she’s a trooper and is putting weight back on and doing well on her medication and vitamins. We hope she’s with us for a few more years! (She’s 14). She is definitely the sweetest cat in the house.

*My husband rocks. He has been helping out so much around the house – doing laundry, cooking dinner two nights a week, and just being generally awesome. AND he brought me Starbucks today at work. I love him!

*I’m halfway done with my class! It’s going well. I’ve written 3 out of my 5 essays, and right now I have a 96% in the class. Yippie!
*We are traveling a lot this year and I am so excited. Alaska, Nebraska (in the fall!), and Mexico (also in the fall). I am so excited…plus my sissy and the fam are coming to see us this summer! This year is very exciting. :) One of the things the hubby and I wanted to do a lot of is travel together. And we’re off to a good start I think!

*And finally....I have the BEST wallpaper on my phone:

No comments:

Post a Comment