Friday, September 3, 2010

Closet Woes

by Ang
I share a closet with my husband. It's fairly decent sized, but it's still a challenge to keep everything organized, as seen in Exhibit A:

What a mess! I keep all of my clothes in my closet, except my jeans, t-shirts and exercise clothes. And I keep ALL seasons of clothing together. Sweaters on one side, short sleeves on the other, etc. I also keep shoes and accessories in there too. So I'm dealing with a lot of clothes, shoes, undergarments, purses and jewelry in a very small space.

Here's my semi-creepy cat that I use as a bracelet holder:

It's creepy, but I love it!

Anyways, back to the closet. The first thing I did was go through my green drawers (as shown in the picture above). Cleaned them out, refolded everything, etc. It made a big difference.

I also hung up a hook that I had lying around. I used it for my belts.
Next it was my shoes. I tried to pare down, but I only ended up getting rid of one pair. Oh well. I tried!
Next up was my purses. I pulled them all down from that top shelf and went through them. I found two that I could part with.
I then put the little ones inside the big ones. It look so much better!
Now the hard part....the clothes. I basically went through everything piece by piece. If I haven't worn it in the past year, it went in the Goodwill pile. I ended up with one VERY full bag for the Goodwill. I pulled out all of the extra hangers, and put things in order.

After all of this, I was able to put my jewelry all together on top of my shoe rack. I have my creepy cat of course, along with my earrings (which I keep in one of those plastic containers with little dividers).
I hang my necklaces on a hanger that's supposed to be for ties:

After that, I was done! Let's look at the before picture again:
And now the wonderful after!

Sooooo much better! I have room! I can hang things! I don't have to duck when I reach for a purse, fearing that they will all come tumbling down on me! (that has happened many times).
So there's my improved closet. The sick thing is, I actually had a lot of fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment