Wednesday, September 8, 2010

This Ones For The Girls

By Amy



This picture was taken a million years ago. Ok more like 30. It's fuzzy and has some sort of damage on the top. But I love it. Can you pick me out? My sister? I have the red shirt on and Ang is right in front of me just trying to figure out a way to snatch that pinwheel from that poor little boy.




It takes me back to when my biggest decision for the day was to play with my doll Annie or my doll Candy. And yes, I did name her Candy. Or was it Christine? Maybe it was Candy Christine. Anyway, when I look at all our faces I see the uncomplicated joy of childhood. And you know what else is so great about this picture? I still know these girls. I still call them my friends. We have lost two of them along the way. But I am so grateful for the rest of the group that is still around. There has been alot of sadness and loss through the years between all of us. But for the most part, we are all enjoying life, trying to get through this world in one piece.




This Friday I'm leaving here with two of the girls, plus one not shown (I guess you weren't cool enough M! Ha ha). We are going to go see the girl with the super awesome suspenders. I totally remember wanting those. It's the first time I've been with all of them since....maybe my wedding 16 years ago? I have seen them since but not spent any real time with them. I can't wait to catch up and share some memories. It will be fun to relax and not think about all the drama that life brings us. Maybe I will have something in common with that blond girl in the red shirt. The most complicated decision I will have to make this weekend will be if I want my drinks to be shaken or stirred. Life will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment