Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Touches

by Ang
I've been slowly adding/replacing a few things in our home. I haven't 'girled it up' too much. But my style isn't too girly, and so far my husband has liked everything I've bought.
The first thing I did was dress up our entryway a little. I didn't really have any good place to display family photos, so I added some shelves.

Directly above it, I added this canvas print:

I love the saying on it, and I love that it's an eye chart. I'm legally blind without my contacts or glasses, so I have seen plenty of these in my lifetime.

Directly across it is another small table:

And today, I replaced one of our side tables in the living room. Our old one was....old. It had served it's purpose for quite a while, but it was time to get a new one.

Here's the old one:


And the new:
My favorite feature though is the new remote holder I got. I didn't want to get the traditional flat basket to hold them (we have four). I wanted something with some height. So I found this cast iron utensil holder at Target. It works perfect to hold our remotes!

I love playing house!

No comments:

Post a Comment