Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Im working on it

By Amy

My camera can take really awesome pictures. It is perfect in every way and goes way beyond all my expectations. The problem is me. I am not a good photographer. It's frustrating because my camera has the ability to take beautiful pictures. I just don't know how to use it. The auto function on the camera takes a good picture. The flash pops up and "pow' I've got a decent picture. But the pictures are SO MUCH better when you fiddle with the settings and set your own exposure and focus. I'm learning but it's slow going. Last week I broke down and bought "Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSI/450D For Dummies." It's very informative but not a interesting read so it's slow going. Meanwhile it's trial and error. Mostly error. This past weekend I took a few shots of my brother and the baby. Here is the first one I took. Not bad but the background is to blurry and so is she. Time to mess with the f-stop.
Oops. Now he is blurry.
This isn't much better and it's a little dark. Better kick up the shutter speed and ISO.
I think I overdid it.
Wow.
Ok that's better.
Still not perfect. How I want it to be perfect!
I just want to apologize to family and friends. I'm sorry I take 20 shots of you. It's not that I really want 20 shots of you. I'm just trying to get one good one.
PS. Thanks to my cute brother and even cuter niece for being my guinea pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment