Friday, July 10, 2009

Somebody Like HIM

by Ang
I don't listen to country music. If I happen to flip to a country station in my car, there's a 99.9% chance that I won't know who is singing. It's not that I hate it or anything, it's just not my first choice in music genres.
I do, however, have one exception:

I have a good friend that got me hooked on Keith Urban a few years back. She and I took a trip to South Padre Island, Texas, and she brought his very first CD along. I still remember us listening to 'Where the Blacktop Ends' over and over in our little rental car as we cruised down the coast with the windows down. From that moment, I was hooked.

Just when his song 'Somebody Like You' was becoming a big hit, we went to a small town outdoor venue to see him.

And then last year when he came to town, we seen him again.



Thursday night I got to see him for the third time. And he was just as amazing as ever! I would upload the videos I took, but they are extremely poor quality (sound) and they just don't do him any justice. My pictures aren't the greatest either (I don't have a super awesome camera like Amy does!) but I still feel the need to post a few of them:





He was just as amazing this year as he has been in the past. He is a great entertainer and can sing and play the guitar like no other! And I love that he never wears a cowboy hat. He sang all of his hits, including my favorite song by him, You'll Think of Me. He closed (before his encore) with Somebody Like You, which I believe is the best 'sing-along' song ever. If you're in a bad mood, listen to this song and you will feel uplifted just like that. Go on. I dare ya!


I was tired all day today and am exhausted now, but it was completely worth it. The next time he comes to town I fully intend on being there. Even though I've seen him 3 times already. :)


p.s. - Marilyn (I know you're reading this!) this is for you (sorry the pics are fuzzy - it was the best I could do):

Jason Aldean:



No comments:

Post a Comment