Saturday, January 29, 2011

Too Many

by Ang
My sister’s post below (doesn’t that food look good?) inspired me to go through my cookbooks. I, too, love cookbooks but don’t use them nearly enough. And I have way too many. I keep them on top of our refrigerator, but right now there’s so many of them that they are falling down.

There's 21 total.
I took them all down and immediately set aside the ones I knew for sure that I wouldn't get rid of:
I made the mac and cheese (in a 9x13 pan) from The Pioneer Woman's cookbook for my husband and a couple of his friends and there was NONE leftover. It was really good. Plus, I learned how to temper an egg. Who knew?

Then I went through the rest and found FIVE that I could part with. Mostly because I have not cracked them open in over a year. Bye-bye!!

Lately, this has been my favorite one:

The recipes are really good and there's tons of pictures!


So there you have it. I pared down from 21 to 16. Not bad! And I found some book ends to keep them all standing up straight. Always a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment