Monday, May 4, 2009

The Beauty of Boys

By Amy

Since this blog has been saturated with girly goodness the past few days, I thought I would blog about my boys. Although I'm thrilled for the little girl I get to spoil and buy pink for, I wouldn't trade my boys for the world. Especially when they get to a certain age.....say thirteen. I never imagned how helpful my oldest would be. I mean, being the only girl in the house I am automatically exempt from taking out the trash. Or killing a bug. This year I decided that I would have a garden. A very small garden. I have never had one before but always thought it would be great to grow my own veggies. Problem is that we don't have a tiller to till up the yard. Oh wait! We DO!



See this beautiful patch of rich soil? Yup that's right. My oldest dug it up for me.





His little brother even helped. Sort of.




Yesterday he put the fence in for me and today we (I really do mean we) planted some tomato plants. I REALLY hope I don't kill these plants because I will feel so bad that he spent 2 nights tilling up the yard for nothing. Another plus to having boys is the yard work. I've never mowed a lawn and I never want to. And I will never have to as long as these guys are around.










As much as I would have liked to have a little girl, Im pretty pleased with being the only female around here. These guys treat me like a princess and I have to say.....I kind of like it. Alot.














No comments:

Post a Comment