Friday, June 26, 2009

Meet Shakey the Cat

By Amy




We moved into our house November 1999. In December I heard some meowing under one of our front bushes. It was a half starved kitty. I had no experience with cats so I opened a can of tuna and set out a bowl of milk. She promptly scarfed it up. And then threw it up. I got some tips on how to care for a cat and started to take better care of her. She stuck around. Ten years later and she is still here. She is mainly a outside cat but we let her in the garage when it's cold. She loves to climb trees and chase birds. Instead of purring, she drools. She is the nicest cat I have ever been around. She's never moody and loves to be held. Another bonus...we live in the country and we have never had one mouse in our house. She is definitely a keeper. And oh ya, her name is Shakey because when we found her, she shook.
Shakey says "Hello!"

1 comment:

  1. Hello girls! My name is Ana and I'm brazilian. I just accidentaly stopped in your blog and I just loved that! How nice to find things that make us feel better! And thats exactly how your blog made me feel!
    Keep posting! I intend to follow from now on!
    bye bye!

    PS: what a lovely cat! I have a siamese one!

    ReplyDelete