Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Non-Toxic

by Ang

I've always loved plants. A few years ago I had a great apartment with these floor to ceiling windows that were perfect for sunning plants. I had plants in every window.

That is, until I got animals.

Most plants are poisonous to cats and dogs. But I love plants so much and miss having them around, so I thought enough is enough! I went online and printed off a list of non-toxic plants and went to the store. I was hoping to find at least one that I could have in my apartment without killing my pets. I was thrilled to find THREE!! I found a spider plant, a pony tail palm and some other palm that's name is too long for me to remember.

Before I could even get them re potted, this is what happened:
(and no, I do not let my cats up on the counter. This all happened in less than a minute.)



I thought maybe it was just this particular plant that she liked and that she would leave the others alone.

Nope.

I was SHOCKED when I came home today. I was fully expecting my plants to be on the floor and half chewed up. I was pleasantly surprised to find them all in tact where I left them.




(the rocks are to keep the critters from playing in the dirt).
I get good light in my apartment and I think the plants will do well. That is, if the two furry creatures that allow me to live with them don't kill them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment