Friday, February 27, 2009

Another Hobby

by Ang

One day about 4 years ago I decided to teach myself how to knit. So I checked online for the supplies I would need and purchased the basics, including a couple of books.




I got started and I really liked it! But then I went through some big life changes, and my knitting got packed up and forgotten about. I used to pick it up every now and then and knit a few rows, but I didn’t really get anywhere with it. I started countless projects and then unraveled them all. But in the past few weeks I’ve been knitting a lot more! I only know the basic knit stitch and haven’t done anything other than scarves, but that’s good enough for now.

I checked online to see if knitting needles are allowed on the plane, and there are mixed responses. Apparently even if TSA says they're okay, it all depends on the security person you get. If they say no, then you can't bring them. So I don’t plan on taking them with me. However, I might take these:

I technically don’t know how to crochet yet, but my sister does. I also have a book. I’ve read that crocheting is easier, so hopefully it won’t take me too long to learn.

I’ll do anything to help pass the time on our 9 hour flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment