Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Paper and Stickers and Stamps...OH MY!

by Ang
I love to scrapbook. Over the years (I started about 10 years ago) I have accumulated a decent amount of supplies. But each time I take a vacation, I try to find a few new specific things to use in my books that relate to the place I'm traveling to.

So after browsing the Hobby Lobby ad online today, I went after work in search of a 3 ring album (because no measly post-bound album is going to be able to handle all the pictures I will have). All scrapbook albums were 50% off. I found one for $10 (I took a picture but I won't post it - kitty kept getting in the way. Apparently he thought it was a fort). And then I thought to myself "I'll just take a stroll down the other aisles to see what's new".

Big mistake.

First I went down the paper aisle. I love paper. And what do you know, all paper and paper packs were 50% off. So then I started looking and told myself that I would only buy some if it absolutely SCREAMED 'Paris'. And there it was:

Oh, the colors - blues, grays, browns, greens (which look more yellow in the photo), the patterns, I love EVERYTHING about this paper. And when I was taking a picture of it after I got it home, THIS is what it said:

It was meant to be.

Then I went down the stamp aisle. And I seen the multiple white and red 50% off signs.
I figured I could use these on my boring paper when I run out of my perfect and beautiful BasicGrey Periphery paper.

And I couldn't leave without looking at the 50% off sticker aisle.


I got one pack for me and one for ma soeur.
I justified my $20 of extra purchases by remembering that my paycheck tomorrow is going to be a little more than it usually is due to some overtime last week. So it all worked out, and the best part is I have everything I need now to complete my Paris scrapbook when we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment