Monday, February 2, 2009

Getting Organized

by Ang

I like to think of myself as a fairly organized person. I kind of have to be, as I live in a one-bedroom apartment with limited space. I am not a hoarder, thank goodness. I try to live by the ‘one in, one out’ rule. And I do okay, for the most part. I don’t NEED more space, I just need to be organized and keep things neat and clean. So when there’s a lot of events going on in my life that require planning and ‘stuff’, I have to REALLY be organized so that I can create more space for the extras that I accumulate beforehand.

I start planning early and start buying things here and there that I will need, so that I’m not spending $100+ at Target the night before we leave. I’m on a budget and it helps to spread it all out. About a month ago I started purchasing a few things here for the trip. But now….where to put them. ? They all started off on a shelf in my linen closet, but that didn’t last long because the shelf is small and I also had a pile of the baby shower stuff there. So yesterday I cleaned out my coat closet and designated the lower shelf for shower and trip stuff. Hopefully it will stay contained.


Why, hello little lambs:


And vacation items:


Now if only I could find extra closet space for these babies:




No comments:

Post a Comment