Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Fun Part of Unpacking

by Ang

The first thing I unpacked yesterday was my fun little suitcase full of all of the stuff I bought for myself. I had forgotten about a lot of it, so opening up each bag was fun! I felt like a little kid again. :)

I spread it all out on the floor and looked everything over. Here's some highlights:

3 handbags (2 in Paris, 1 in Amsterdam). I love handbags.

3 scarves (everyone - women AND men - wears scarves in Paris, so a lot of them are actually cheaper there than they are here. And there's a really good selection.)

Jewelry

Books - I love to buy books on the places I've been. It's become sort of a tradition. I think they're great souvenirs! So I got books on Paris, Versailles, the Louvre and Orsay.

Cards/paper - Paris is known for it's excellent stationary, cards, paper, and I was not disappointed. I got lots of cute prints to frame.

It's funny, because one of my favorite things I got was a magnet that says 'Sortie', which means Exit. As soon as we seen them, all three of us had to get them. For me, it was because each time we stepped off the metro, we all looked up for the 'Sortie' sign. It just became a habit and when I seen the 'Sortie' magnet it immediately made me smile and think of the 30+ times we rode the metro.

Most everything is put away now. Suitcases are back in the closet, laundry is done, checkbook is balanced, most of the mail has been opened. I go back to work tomorrow. I still feel so relaxed though and not stressed out about anything. I guess that's what an amazing vacation does.

Here's a couple pictures I took Thursday night:


I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment