Monday, August 24, 2009

Class is in Session

By Amy


Today starts the second week of school. I think it's going good. My youngest likes his teacher and he comes home telling me stories of all the fun things they did. My oldest has some tough teachers but I think it's going to be ok. He's a big shot this year so the confindence level is soaring and that helps. He will be humbled next year when he starts high school and is at the bottom of the todem pole. I'm happy to have my Wednesday's back. Don't get me wrong. I did enjoy my Wednesday's with the boys. Since it's my only day off, I tried to cram alot of fun stuff in for them to do. I think they had a good summer. They even said they had a good summer. So why do I feel like this summer came and went and I didn't even stop to enjoy it? I tried to remember if we had anyone over for dinner. Not including family or the kid's friends. We did once. ONCE! I love to have people over. And I think I cheated my kids. I was so busy making sure that they were having fun that I didn't have time to play with them. I don't think I played with them outside in the yard even once. Because by the time we got finished with some sort of entertaining activity, I had the house to clean, laundry to do and dinner to start in the afternoon. I think I forgot to breathe this summer. Now it's slipping away. I don't want next summer to be this hectic. I don't want my Wednesdays to be one big day of errands, cleaning, cooking, laundry and agenda packed. I'm making a deal with myself. The first half of my Wednesdays I'm going to do whatever I want to do. Not something I have to do. Such as......
READING (I think I've read about half of these)


Hanging out on the deck. Possibly with a book. Or the mail. Or something! We've got a great view and the bugs haven't been so bad this year.



Scrapping. Or making some cards. While watching a movie. It makes me smile just thinking about it.








My Wednesday afternoons will be for housework or errands. Maybe if I put it into practice now, by next summer I will have it down pat and I'll be able to enjoy it. Which makes me happy and that will make my kids happy. I'm sure they would tell you it's not fun being around a stressed out, overwhelmed, agenda packed, list making momma. I don't like to be around her either.

No comments:

Post a Comment