Monday, August 31, 2009

Out With the Old, In With the New

by Ang

I rarely blog about my kitties. Mostly because I don't want people to think that I'm a crazy cat lady. But I love them. I've had them both since they were kittens (one was 7 weeks, and one was only 4 weeks when I got him). Right now they are both 7 years old. They're fairly active and still love to play and chase each other around. One is pretty good most of the time and one is....not.
He's the troublemaker:

He's not naughty all the time, and he can be really sweet sometimes. But usually when I hear a crash, or hear the other one hissing, it's because of him.
Not that she's completely innocent.
She's the one that jumped on top of my refrigerator to play with the magnets (while I was headed out the door for work) and somehow managed to open the freezer door in the process. When I came home, all of the food in my freezer was thawed and spoiled. I now have childproof locks on the fridge and freezer.

Anyways, both of my cats have their claws. They don't scratch anything but their scratching posts. Eventually, their scratching posts end up looking like this:
It's completely worn down.

They only like the scratching posts that have the really rough rope on them. They've tried the ones that are made out of carpeting and they won't touch those. I mean, why use that - you can just scratch the carpet.

So last week I got them a new one to replace the old one. This time it had a funny spring loaded ball toy on the top. I didn't know if they would start using it right away. Cats are funny like that. They hate change.
She liked it right away.


He wasn't so sure. He wanted to stay close to the old one. (that little ball on the spring IS slightly disturbing.)

Then he seen how much fun his sister was having.



So he got a little closer...
And then started to play.
And now he uses it more than she does.
So there you have it. An $11 purchase at Wal-mart can go a long way!

Signed,

The Crazy Cat Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment