Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Missing

by Ang
I am attempting to organize my digital photos (which is another post for another time). In the process though, I put all of my Paris photos and documents onto one flash drive. I did this last night, and I couldn't help but open each and every photo.
How is it possible to miss a place so much that you've only been to once? After almost every photo I got this feeling of....it's hard to describe. It's almost magical (although I hate to use that word). Nostalgia? Excitement? Historical? None of them fit. Only those that have been to Paris and have gotten that 'feeling' know what I'm talking about.
It didn't matter if I was looking at photos of the Eiffel Tower:

The Louvre:
My favorite painter, Vermeer:



The view from the Sacre Coeur in Montemartre:
The palace at Versailles:

My favorite museum, D'Orsay:

The Metro:

The view from the Arc:

The Opera House:



And everything in between.
It just makes me want to go again and do it all over. Experience everything one more time. Maybe someday I'll get to. Until then, I'm thankful that I have the pictures and of course, the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment