Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Yellowstone National Park

by Ang

Yesterday we all went to Yellowstone National Park. It's about a 2 hour drive from Jackson, but it is WELL worth it.

This is my brother-in-laws family. They are all SO nice and I love hanging around them. I always feel like a part of the family when I'm around them. I'm going to miss them after this week! (can you spot Amy?)



Yellowstone is approximately 3500 square miles located in the northwest corner of Wyoming. Half of the world's geothermal features are located in Yellowstone, including the Old Faithful geyser, which was our first stop:


It erupts approximately every 90 minutes. We had great timing, because we only had to wait about 5 minutes after we got there before it erupted.

After that we got back in the car to drive to the canyon. We had just one slight delay...


Buffalo!

Here is the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. It's huge!


After the canyon, we drove to see some beautiful waterfalls. I'm always amazed by the power and beauty of them!

It was a great day full of nature and beauty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment