Tuesday, August 25, 2009

If Only I Could be Seven Again

By Amy

My youngest woke up to early this morning so he crawled into bed with me and begged me to scratch his back. I have found out that it's fairly easy to scratch someone's back while half asleep. I could probably have fallen back asleep if it wasn't for his little chatter. Oh and he does chatter. It's never quiet for more then three or four seconds when he is in the room. This morning he started in on the knock knock jokes. He only knows one so he makes it really long.


"Knock, knock."


"Whose there?"


"Banana."


"Banana who?"


"Knock, knock."


"Whose there?"


"Banana."


"Banana who?"


This went on for at least five minutes. Finally the punchline. If you don't know it, you'll just have to guess. Or wait until you see my son. He would be honored to tell you. After that, came this....


"Guess what?"


"What?"


"Chicken butt!!"


And then he just dies of laughter.


"Guess who?"


"Who?"


"Scooby doo!"


At this point he just can't control himself and has to say the whole thing again because it's just SO FUNNY. It's amazing watching him crack up over something so silly. He giggles from the inside out with his mouth wide open and when he really get's going, tears stream down his face. It makes my heart so full watching his......youthfulness. I hope he never grows up. I love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment