Sunday, August 30, 2009

Julie & Julia & Little Miss A

By Amy




A couple weeks ago we went and saw this movie. I loved it. I am a hundred percent positive that Meryl Streep could play anyone and get it perfect. She is amazing as Julia Child. I never realized that Julia Child was so.....likeable. I guess I really didn't know anything about her except for the fact that she could cook and that she had a funny voice. Her relationship with her husband was so endearing. In the movie when he looks at her you can see the love in his eyes. He treats her like she is a goddess. And I loved the bond she had with her sister. They didn't have alot of scenes together but you could tell they were very close. I know that people and some reviewers have complained about the present day scenes with Amy Adams. I actually liked her character. She was whiny and a little self absorbed and sure, she didn't deserve her husband, but I still liked her. Maybe because I love blogging too. And I know what it's like to be in a place where your not really sure if this is where you are suposed to be. And sometimes I get a little to pre-occupied with a project and I forget what is important in life. And she was a amazing and very brave cook. Your mouth will water. Don't go see the movie hungry.

Since I loved the movie I bought the book. I didn't like the book so much. It was really wordy and I was bored with the other parts of Julies Powells life when she wasn't cooking. I think I'll get the one that Julia Child wrote, "My Life in France." The Paris scenes in the movie are incredible. So, see the movie and skip the book. Another thing that made the movie so special is because little miss A was with us! It was her first movie and of course I had to document it by camera.



Here's a couple more cute shots of her that evening.




She was awake the entire time and was a really good girl. I think she just didn't want to miss anything. It was girls night out after all. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment