Thursday, November 26, 2009

Beautiful Arizona

By Amy

I'm really a country girl at heart. I love the mid-west. I love the change of seasons. The freshness of spring, the heat of summer, the cool of fall and even the bite of winter. I love looking out my window and seeing cows in the field across the way. Of course there isn't a whole lot to do with no beach or mountains nearby. But that's ok. We don't have to deal with tourists or outrageous prices. My city is just big enough and just small enough for me. However, that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate other places. I really love to travel and feel that every state has it's own kind of beauty.


On Tuesday I arrived with my boss to Scottsdale, Arizona. The weather is perfect. Highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's. I've been working but have still got to enjoy the beauty here. I love the landscape that is so different from home. Take a look.







I have to admit after being here for a few days, it will be hard getting off the plane back home and feeling the sting of cold on my face. Did I really say above that I liked the "bite of winter"? I guess that's not exactly true. I like watching the snow fall and the windows frost up from the INSIDE. I like the fires we have and the hot chocolate I make my kids when they come in from being outside. But I guess you can't have one without the other. So the Midwest awaits. In the meantime, I'll enjoy wearing my flip flops here in Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment