Monday, November 2, 2009

Kansas City

By Amy

My hub and I just got back from a relaxing weekend away to Kansas City. Honestly it would have been really great to a beach somewhere. Or the mountains. Or hey, let's dream big, a cruise! But when funds are limited and you live in the middle of nowhere.....Kansas City it is! We had a couple of recommendations of where to go and what to do when we got there. One thing we did was tour the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art. I'm not a huge museum person. But I really did like this one. Not to big, not to small. Some of my favorites......





This museum had TWO MONET'S!! A pleasant surprise!


There was a exhibit of famous photographs. I'm sure you have seen this one before.
I stared at this painting the most. The sheet just seems to pop out at you.
My husband really liked these pieces.

After the museum we went to lunch, did a little shopping and then went back to the hotel where hubby watched football and I watched the movie Australia. Which was long. But good. But long. (:

It was a great weekend. We relaxed and spent some uninterrupted time together. It was nice to get away. But it's nice to be back too.

No comments:

Post a Comment