Monday, March 8, 2010

Focus

by Ang

I finally finished my Paris book. I feel silly for not getting it done before now, especially because it's so simple. Oh well. It's done now and I'm glad that it's finished! It made me really miss Paris though. And Amsterdam.

Because I'm done with it, I got to (finally) go through and pack the rest of my scrapbook stuff. I went from tons of supplies to fitting everything that I'm taking with me into one small case. Not bad.

I need to focus on these things when I start to get overwhelmed, which lately is all the time. I'm trying to focus on my accomplishments instead of thinking about everything that I still need to do. I look around my apartment and it feels like I've gotten nothing done. But then I remember that I've gotten my Paris book done. I went through all of my supplies and pared down CONSIDERABLY. I put together and mailed out our wedding invitations. I applied for NINE jobs today in Albuquerque. I went through more clothes and filled one more bag for the Goodwill (in addition to the two I previously filled). And tonight I washed the huge pile of dishes in my sink. Score!

So it helps to think about everything I've done, especially when I look around my place and feel like my stuff is slowly trying to bury me alive.

My goal from now until the day I move (which is rapidly approaching) is to FOCUS. Focus on what I've done and focus on what I still need to do. Focus. Focus.

Oh, and here's some pics of my book:


No comments:

Post a Comment