Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Year Ago Today

By Amy

We left for Paris. And I know that this may sound dramatic but...it changed my life. The way I look at people, taste food, catch my breath when I hear someone speaking in French, linger and stare when I see something beautiful.
I've wanted to go back since we left. Maybe someday I will. I hope. I can't believe it's been a year. So many things have happened. Sad things. I lost my beloved Aunt in death. How I miss hearing her laugh and the way she never left the house without a visor. A few months later, my Uncle died. My heart breaks for my Grandma who has experienced what no parent should ever have to go through. But there have been good things too. I have a beautiful niece who will turn one next month. I can't begin to tell you the joy she brings in our lives. And my sister! She has found the love of her life. Which makes me feel so FULL of happiness for her. Even though I will feel a little lost without her. Ok, ALOT lost. But even though we will be miles apart....as the saying goes...We will ALWAYS have Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment