Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Time For Letting Go

By Amy


This post has nothing to do with my sister getting married and moving to a land far far away. I am trying to gear up for that but just can't bear the thought of it right now. So I am going to reside in La La land for the time being and relish every single moment I get with her. This post is about something entirely more trivial.


About two years ago I became obsessed with Strawberry Shortcake. You know the little dolls that have a berry sent? I think it was because they brought them back. They were not the same as the ones that were around when I was a little girl. Not even close. But it got me thinking about my childhood and how I loved those little dolls so much. I believe I had a Strawberry Shortcake doll and a Apple Dumpling doll. I wanted them again. So I began scouring eBay to find them. They were there. In abundance! Not only those dolls but ALL the Strawberry Shortcake dolls. So I bought Apple Dumpling. And then I bought Strawberry Shortcake. But who can have Strawberry Shortcake without her best bud Blueberry Muffin? And who can have Blueberry Muffin without Huckleberry Hound? And so on and so on. So in my quest to find two little dolls that made me think about my childhood and smile, I became slightly obsessed.






I had them all. Except for the extremely rare ones like Peach Blush. Who I had never even heard of. So they all resided beside my desk for awhile. And then I went to Paris. And I needed room for some of my souvenirs. And then my sweet boy would bring home artwork and I had to display it near me. And every time I bumped my shelves all the dolls and knick knacks would come tumbling down. They didn't make me smile anymore. So I packed all of them up except for my very favorites and stuck them in the attic. This last weekend I was searching for something up there and found them again. They looked so sad. Well, not really. But I felt sad that someone could be enjoying them. Plus.....they aren't worth a whole lot but they are worth something. So....I listed 5 groups of Strawberry Shortcake stuff on eBay. They all have bids. Here is two groups that are going.









And I have to say I am not sad in the least to see them go. I think it's because they didn't originally belong to me. If they had been mine all these years....that would have been a different story. Like my sister. She has been mine all these years. And when it's time to let her go? That will be a whole different story too.

No comments:

Post a Comment