Friday, March 6, 2009

Tidbits

by Ang
Weather:
Yesterday it was 70 degrees. Today the high is 60. Tonight we are supposed to get thunderstorms, some possibly severe. I LOVE this time of year! I love rain and thunderstorms. It doesn’t even bother me when the word ‘severe’ is thrown into the mix. It probably should, but I’m one of these idiots that stands out on my deck of my third floor apartment looking for the tornado with my camera in hand.

Bring on the rain!

Paris:
I’m chipping away at my list of things to do. We now have our tickets for Versailles, the Louvre, the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, and the boat tour along the Seine in Paris. I pretty much bought whatever tickets I could online. That will save us tons of time, as most places have a separate line for people that already have their tickets. And our time is precious!
Next on my list: Transportation. I think our best bet is to take a shuttle from the airport into Paris. With all of our luggage, it would be a hassle to take a train (because we’d have to do a lot of walking and stairs). And a taxi could skyrocket in price if we run into a traffic jam (which is very likely in Paris). But a shuttle is a set, fixed price and it’s something we could reserve now (round trip even). I haven’t discussed this with my travel partners yet, but maybe they’ll read this and let me know what they think.

Scrapbooking:
I picked up some of this paper yesterday along with some other fun goodies for Amy and I!
Thoughts:
Lately my thoughts have been consumed with two things: My niece (and the shower) and Paris. Last night I was holding an 18 month old and she was laughing, giggling, giving me hugs and just being so GIRLY and all I could think about was how I can’t wait to hold my niece!

And when I think of Paris, usually the first thing I think about is all that I still have to do, but then my thoughts drift towards one of the things I’m most excited about seeing (probably because I’m reading an amazing biography of Marie Antoinette right now):

I can’t wait to take it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment