Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Food in Albuquerque (for real this time)

By Amy



So blogger finally decided to let me upload some pictures. The day we arrived in Albuquerque we went to lunch at the Elephant Bar. Apparently it's a chain that only cool cities have. Omaha Nebraska is not included in the cool city club.




I ordered sushi (cooked) and shrimp and noodles soup. It was amazing. My only complaint was that there wasn't about 12 more sushi rolls. Mmmmm



Being in New Mexico we knew that we could not leave until having some awesome Mexican food. So we went here.





They had red chili's hanging in the entry.




Speaking of chili's, everywhere you go they ask if you would like red chili or green chili. On everything. Meg ordered a Philly cheese steak sandwich and they asked if she wanted green chili on it. She said no. They gave it to her anyway. Probably thought she didn't know what she was missing being from the Midwest and all. I ordered both on the side with my Mexican food.


I liked the red chili the best. Which tasted like the most amazing enchilada sauce you have ever eaten. The green chili was good to. A little spicy for me but good flavor.

We went to a place called Weck's for breakfast. HUGE portions. Excellent food. I would have taken pictures but by that time I think my comrades were a little tired (embarrassed) of me taking pictures of my food. Next time I will not be intimidated! I will bring you more pictures of food! Because I know that is the only reason why you read this blog in the first place. (:



No comments:

Post a Comment