Friday, May 21, 2010

The Post Where I was going to Rant and Rave but decided not to.

By Amy

I was going to tell you all about how crummy my Wednesday was. It was my last by myself School is out now and I have to share it with the kids. It was disappointing and a huge waste of time. I moaned and groaned and felt sorry for myself. Then I started to feel a bit bratty with my "woe is me" attitude. Especially when someone showed me this.




The guy has no arms. OR legs. And then there is a woman named Stephanie who was burned on over 82 % of her body. She is getting a new neck today! You can read her story here.





So anyway, my problems are faint in comparison. I will say that the last few day's have been a big bummer for my youngest. He has the flu. He missed his last day of school. The last day of school is the funnest day of the year! T-shirt signings, a picnic at the park, saying goodbye to friends...he was pretty bummed out. So this morning we stayed pretty quiet, watched a really old movie with Nicole Kidman called BMX Bandits. He loved it! It had to be one of the first ones she was ever in. After that he was feeling a little better so I suggested that we pack up his bike, grab lunch and head to a park that was not full of school kids. We found one and guess what! It had the coolest thing in the world for a 2nd grader with a bike.......A GIANT PUDDLE.






So it turned out to be a pretty good Friday. My boy was happy. I stopped being a brat. And tomorrow I get to see my little niece! So life is good. After all.

No comments:

Post a Comment