Monday, May 31, 2010

Messy to Dressy

by Ang

My desk mess has recently spiraled out of control. Today I reached the breaking point and just could not take it anymore.
Here's the story:
My desk sits on one end of our living room. We have a two bedroom home - one is our bedroom, and the 2nd bedroom is my husband's home office (he works from home). So when I moved in, I knew I wanted a space for my desk for my laptop and my other stuff that I use.
I also use my desk as a landing pad for things like my camera, iPod, USB drives, stamps, thank-you cards, stationary, mail and miscellaneous office supplies.
Over the weekend, my husband and I cleaned out our garage and found other office supplies, plus a brand new printer that he wasn't using.
It didn't take long for my desk to look like this:

Today I was trying to clean it up and work on my thank you notes and it was just driving me crazy. So I made a quick trip to Staples and Target to get some help.

After about an hour, it looked like this:

I cleaned it off, got the printer set up, and utilized a couple of the new things that I bought. Mainly this:


In the top drawer, I put all of my USB drives. I use them to back up iTunes and all of my pictures.


The second drawer is for my camera:

And the bottom drawer is for my iPod & accessories:

Now there is a place for everything, which I love!

I feel like I can actually get some work done now. Speaking of that, I have many thank you cards to write!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment